We would like to assure you that the protection of the personal data of the users of our services is of primary importance for the Educational Association of Athens HFAISTOS. That is why we take the appropriate measures to protect the personal data we process and to ensure that the processing of personal data is always carried out in accordance with the obligations set by the legal framework, both by the company itself and by third parties, which may process personal data on behalf of the company.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Educational Association of Athens HFAISTOS (hereinafter referred to as “HFAISTOS”) based in 61 Tsiller and 3 Ros street, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +30 210 3313690, website: www.hfaistos.eu, informs that, in order to provide its services, it processes the personal data of its customers and those interested in its services, in accordance with the national legislation in force, and the European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on free circulation of such data (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter “Regulation”).
Why your personal data need to be processed and how these are used
The personal data you provide to “HFAISTOS” in any way (e.g., name / surname / name of a sole proprietorship / personal company, father’s name, ID or passport number, status / profession, email, mobile / landline, mailing address, credit card number, CV, etc.), are processed by “HFAISTOS” only when it has a legal reason to do so.
Some indicative legal grounds for processing your personal data are the following:
- a) the safeguarding and protection of your legitimate interests as well as those of “HFAISTOS”. Thus, we use closed-circuit television (CCTV) and security cameras in order to be able to ensure the smooth operation of our building and to protect the safety of individuals, goods, materials, facilities,
b) the protection of your vital interests, such as the provision of first aid and general assistance in the event of an accident,
c) the consent you provide to us in order to receive updates on the “HFAISTOS” products, services, offers, which you may call off at any time by contacting “HFAISTOS” Data Protection Officer.
Recipients of personal data outside “HFAISTOS”
“HFAISTOS” sends personal data to third parties, to whom it has assigned the processing of personal data on its behalf. “HFAISTOS” cooperates with IT companies, which provide relevant services, such as IT maintenance services and security systems. In providing these services, IT companies may have access to personal data and, in certain cases, perform processing operations necessary to provide the relevant services.
In these cases, “HFAISTOS” remains responsible for the processing of your personal data and sets out the details of the processing. Also, it signs a specific contract with third parties, assigning them to perform the processing activities, in order to ensure that the processing is carried out in accordance with the legislation in force and that any natural person may freely and unhinderedly exercise the rights conferred on him/her by the corresponding legal framework.
Furthermore, “HFAISTOS” transfers personal data to the Greek or foreign state authorities, when required by the legal framework in force to fulfill their duties performed in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority assigned to them.
The data storage length time is determined based on the following specific criteria depending on the case:
When processing is required by provisions of the legal framework in force, your personal data will be stored for as long as the relevant provisions require.
When processing is performed under a contract, your personal data are stored for as long as is necessary for the execution of the contract and for the establishment, exercise, and / or support of legal claims under the contract.
For marketing and promotion purposes, your personal data are kept until your consent is revoked. This can be done by you at any time. The revocation of the consent does not affect the legality of the processing based on the consent in the period prior to its revocation.
To revoke your consent, contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of “HFAISTOS” at the following contact details: email: email@example.com
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
Every natural person whose personal data are being processed by “HFAISTOS” enjoys the following rights:
Right of access:
- You have the right to be aware of and verify the legality of the processing. Therefore, you have the right to access the data and receive additional information about their processing.
Right of correction:
- You have the right to study, correct, update, or modify your personal data by contacting the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the above contact details.
Right of deletion:
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data provided that “HFAISTOS” processes them based on your consent or in order to protect its legitimate interests. In all other cases (such as when the processing takes place in the context of the performance of the contract, when there is an obligation to process personal data required by law, when the processing takes place in the public interest), this right is subject to specific restrictions or does not exist depending on the case.
Right to restrict processing:
- You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in the following cases: (a) when you question the accuracy of personal data and until verified, (b) when you object to the deletion of personal data and request the restriction on their use, instead of their deletion, (c) when personal data are not required for processing purposes; however, you are required to establish, exercise, support legal claims, and (d) when you object to processing and until verified there are legitimate reasons concerning “HFAISTOS” overriding your reasons for objecting the processing of your personal data.
Right to object:
You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data in cases where, as described above, this is necessary for the purposes of “HFAISTOS” legitimate interests.
Right to data portability:
You have the right to receive your personal data free of charge in a form that will allow you to access, use and process them with the commonly used processing methods. You also have the right to ask “HFAISTOS”, if it is technically possible, to forward the data directly to a third party. This right exists for the data that you have provided to “HFAISTOS”, and their processing is carried out by automated means based on your consent or is subject to the execution of a relevant contract.
To exercise any of the above rights and for any relevant information you can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Right to lodge a complaint to the Hellenic DPA
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Educational Association of Athens HFAISTOS implements appropriate technical and organizational measures aimed at the safe processing of personal data and the prevention of accidental loss or destruction, unauthorized and / or illegal access to, use, modification, or disclosure. In order to ensure the appropriate level of security against risks and to select the appropriate technical and organizational measures, “HFAISTOS” takes into account the latest technological and other developments, application costs, the nature, framework and purposes of the processing activities, as well as on the one hand, the probability of accidental loss or damage and unauthorized and / or unauthorized access to personal data, its use, modification or disclosure, and on the other hand the severity of the consequences on the rights and liberties of natural persons.